In 1999 Embedded Pascal for the 8052 was released. The idea was to provide a compiler that was usable on a professional level but at a much lower cost than normally associated with development tools.
Released as low cost shareware it nevertheless contained a full compiler, assembler, linker and a powerfull, fast simulator. Embedded Pascal is easy to use and integrates very well with assembler. This led to "EP" as it is called by most to become a popular 805x based developement system.
In the meantime something happened in the 805x world - more and more big and small chip vendors started producing new 805x based devices. The old 8051 design was growing wings!
The next thing that happened was that the author of Embedded Pascal formed his own company to produce aviation instrumentation. The new 805x chips where just the ticket!
But it needed a new compiler. Better. Much better !
Based on the core of Embedded Pascal for the AVR, a new development was started from scratch.
The result is the most comprehensive development system ever created for the 805x devices. Here are some of the highlights:
- Design your application using any mixture of Assembler and/or Pascal source code.
- Fully integrated IDE running under Windows 95,98,NT and 2000.
- Full 32 bit implementation. No DOS code.
- State-of-the-art, optimizing code generator.
- Use for small applications with only limited, internal memory or...
- Use for large applications with external memory.
- External memory XData and Code joined or seperate.
- Compiler generates Assembler source code.
- Multi-module projects. Pascal units or C style modules.
- Unique, multipass optimizing linker.
- Borland Delphi compatible, extended Pascal language.
- Bit, Boolean, Integer, Word, Longint, Single (Real), Char, Record, Array and String data types.
- Full complement of high level math functions including source code.
- Full set of string manipulation functions (copy, insert, delete, etc...)
- Full library source. Yes, all of it !
- The fastest Windows based 8052 simulator available.
- Compact and fast full feature floating point library including source code !
- Dynamic variables and parameters plus a fast and efficient static model
- Automatic register usage tracking allows easy and efficient implementation of high level interrupt routines.
- Many usefull sample Pascal programs included.
- Many other features to numerous to mention here...
The full unlimited version including the library sources can be obtained for only $129. This includes free updates as well.